Register to Vote
- Elizabethtown College encourages students to engage in the wider community, including participating in the electoral process.
- In Pennsylvania, U. S. Citizens who will be 18 or older on election day may vote in the election.
- Students may choose to vote either in Pennsylvania or in the state from which they moved. A 1979 Supreme Court decision affirms the right of students to vote in the county and state in which they attend school, whether they live on or off campus. Students can register to vote in the location of their student residence or their previous permanent residence.
- Note that changing your voter registration from one state to another may impact some recipients of state government aid and a small number of recipients of private scholarships and grants. If you have one of these scholarships or grants please be sure to check eligibility requirements.
- Changing your voter registration from one state to another will not affect any of your federal financial aid, including Pell Grants, Perkins Loans and Stafford Loans, Direct Subsidized Loans, Direct Unsubsidized Loans, and other federal loans and grants. It will also not impact whether you are considered your parents’ dependent for FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) purposes.
Voter Registration Links
PA Online Voter Registration
MD Online Voter Registration
NJ Voter Registration – Forms for Mail-In
DE Online Voter Registration
NY Online Voter Registration
For American Citizens Overseas – Federal Voting Assistance Program
Find Your Polling Place
VotesPA- Voting resources
Find Your PA Polling Place
Find Your Polling Place and Other Voting Information – provided by National Association of Secretaries of State
Student Voting Guide - Brennan Center for Justice
Fair Elections Legal Network
Your Vote, Your Voice
Project Vote Smart
Rock the Vote – Find voting information, polling places, election information