Vision and Mission
The vision of the Elizabethtown College Physician Assistant Program is to provide an innovative and supportive environment which elevates the standard of PA education through the utilization of an evidence based curriculum that is continuously assessed and adapted to address emerging challenges in healthcare, while fostering a collegial environment amongst students and faculty.
University Mission Statement: Elizabethtown College provides a transformative educational experience that cultivates personal strengths and develops a passion for lifelong learning and purposeful work.
PA Program Mission: The mission of the Elizabethtown College Physician Assistant Program is to educate and matriculate motivated students who will provide high quality healthcare as skilled Physician Assistants. Through a transformative educational experience and evidence based curriculum that emphasizes purposeful work, cultivates personal strengths, and develops a passion for lifelong learning, students will be prepared to Educate for Service. Upon graduation, our students will provide individualized healthcare to diverse patient populations while simultaneously working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team.
- Provide an environment for all students with multicultural educational opportunities inclusive of underrepresented groups and diversity in healthcare.
- Achieve a first time PANCE pass rate at or above the national average.
- Obtain a job placement rate of over 80% in a variety of clinical specialties at six months following graduation.
- Provide all students with an opportunity to perform community service while in the didactic and clinical years of the program.
- All faculty will maintain a professional development plan that addresses teaching, scholarship, and service as well as diversity, equity, accessibility, and justice.
The PA program will post outcomes related to achievement of our goals by February 2025.