Bachelor's in Corporate Communication
Organizations of all types and sizes rely on skilled professionals to effectively communicate to internal and external audiences—sending the right messages at the right times to employees, customers, the community, and other stakeholders. Do you want to find yourself collaborating on a creative ad campaign, preparing remarks for a CEO, or interacting with customers on social media? Then you’ll discover countless opportunities in this field with a bachelor’s degree in Corporate Communications from Elizabethtown College School of Continuing and Professional Studies. With coursework in areas like public relations, integrated marketing and multicultural communication, you will be well-positioned to make your statement in the communications field.
Credits Required: 125
Cost Per Credit: $555
- Describe communication theory and research in organizational and marketplace settings.
- Demonstrate principles and theories of effective communication in interpersonal, small group, organizational, public, and mass media contexts.
- Construct oral and written communication utilizing the principles of effective communication.
- Appraise the wide-ranging impact of globalization on communication on a personal, community, corporate, national and international basis.
- Analyze human and media communication, issues affecting it, and decision-making processes associated with it.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of written and oral communication messages.
Corporate Communication Degree Requirements
Degree Requirements for Job Postings
Career Opportunities for Graduates:
- Marketing Manager
- Communication Manager
- Advertising/Sales Executive
- Public Relations Specialist
- Community Relations Specialist
Job Postings in the Region:
Source: Burning Glass Technologies ©
Where Our Graduates Work:
Graduates of Elizabethtown's Corporate Communication program work for reputable companies and organizations such as:
- Delta Dental
- Gavin Advertising
- Penn National Insurance
Liz is president of Integrated Communications Ventures, a Pennsylvania-based public relations and marketing company. She began her career as Director of Public Relations and Advertising for the New Orleans Convention Commission and reported consumer news on radio and television stations.
During her career, Liz served as vice president of communication for the International Copper Association, headquartered in New York City, and she led communications for Fortune 500 companies: The Timken Company and BFGoodrich. She won numerous PRSA, ADDY, corporate and association awards for her work in strategic planning, website development, media relations, events, branding, education and community relations.
Liz serves as a board member for the PRSA Mid-Atlantic District, and served as chair in 2015. She led the country’s first Accreditation in Public Relations (APR) District Bootcamp in 2015 and now leads this highly successful bootcamp for public relations professionals on an annual basis. Currently, she is also a board member of the PRSA Central PA chapter and its former president.
Smith earned a Bachelor of Science degree in journalism from Ohio University and holds an MBA from Case Western Reserve University.