Theme Dinners and Events
Dining Services is proud to play a part in some of our students' most well-remembered E-town traditions. Our staff participates in many special events through the academic year, including theme dinners where we deck out the Marketplace and dress up.
- Convocation and the All-campus Picnic - Tuesday August 28
- Homecoming Candlelight Buffet Dinner - Saturday October 20
- Student Thanksgiving Dinner - Wednesday November 14
- Student Holiday Meal - Wednesday December 5
- Final Exam Treats (late night snacks) - Monday December 10
- Food Show - this event is co-sponsored by our main supplier, John Gross & Co. - Wednesday February 27
- TGIS (Thank Goodness It's Spring) Weekend Picnic - Saturday April 27
- Spring Exam Treats (late night snacks) - Monday, May 6
- Reflections by the Lake - Friday, May 17
- Commencement - Saturday May 18
Most alumni of the College will tell you that one of the most fondly remembered traditions at E-town is the annual Thanksgiving dinner. We go all out for our students. White linens line the tables and staff and faculty serve meals to the students, who enjoy a family-style meal together. After the dinner, another College tradition is enjoyed: the annual holiday tree lighting.