Forms and Information for International Students

Our offices has available all the forms and information an International student at Elizabethtown College while studying in the United States.

Student Handbook:

Admission Number (I-94):

As of May 2013, the paper I-94 will no longer be provided to students entering the United States at major ports-of-entry.  Rather, the I-94 has been automated and can be retrieved at any time by visiting:

Curricular Practical Training:

Curricular Practical Training (CPT) allows F-1 students to engage in paid off-campus employment as long as it is an integral part of their curriculum. This employment includes:  alternate work/study internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum which is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements  with the school.

Pre-requisites for CPT:

    • Practical training must be an integral part of the curriculum still in progress and must be required by the academic program.
    • Student must be receiving course credit throughout the CPT period.
    • CPT must fulfill a specific academic objective; so, if an employment opportunity is solely sought because it is beneficial, relevant, or an excellent professional/personal experience this does NOT qualify for CPT.


Optional Practical Training:

F-1 students may qualify for Optional Practical Training (OPT), which allows them to engage in temporary employment to gain experience “directly related to the student’s major area of study.” In order to be eligible for OPT, students must have been lawfully enrolled on a full-time basis for one full academic year.

Optional practical training is available both before (Pre-Completion OPT) and after (Post-Completion OPT) “completion of the course of study, or, for a student in a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree program, after completion of all course requirements for the degree (excluding dissertation).”

Students in English language training programs or non-degree seeking programs are not eligible for OPT.

STEM Optional Practical Training:

If you are an F-1 student that is graduating or graduated with degrees in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM), you may be eligible for an extension of your F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) work authorization. Here are some information you may find useful:

Q&A about STEM OPT extension


For more information or questions, please contact Kristi Syrdahl, Director of International Student Services, at 717-361-1594 or