Elizabethtown College, including the traditional residence halls and Dining Services, closes during all official vacation periods and seasonal breaks. All students are expected to leave campus and no students are permitted in the residence halls during these periods without authorization from the Office of Community Living.
Students needing to remain on campus during certain breaks because of College employment, student teaching, an internship, an athletic team, or because your home is more than 600 miles from campus, may apply to stay on campus. Applications to stay on campus must be completed by the deadlines below.
While the College does not promise break housing to any student, it will attempt to assist students in extenuating circumstances that may not meet the above criteria. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact the Office of Community Living at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-361-1197.
Additional policies regarding break housing:
- No students are permitted in the residence halls during breaks without authorization.
- Students who have obtained permission to stay in College Owned housing for a break period are not permitted to have guests.
- Requests for housing due to off campus employment will NOT be considered.
- Students requesting to stay on campus past the deadline in which requests can be made are subject to a one-time $25.00 administrative fee.
- Students found responsible for unauthorized entry/stay during breaks are subject to a $45.00 fee per incident/evening.
- College reserves the right to charge a daily fee of $45.00 to students obtaining authorization to stay on campus for reasons other than those listed above.
All students must vacate the residence halls by 6:00 PM on the closing date for each break, unless otherwise noted.
Residence halls re-open at noon the day before classes resume.
Break Housing and Early Arrival Requests for 2019-20
Please follow the appropriate link below to submit a Break Housing or Early Arrival Requests by the listed deadline. Late applications may result in a denial of your request and/or a fee.
All requests for Break Housing can be completed by logging onto Jayweb, click Housing, scroll to the bottom and in the Forms section, click Housing Break Survey.
THANKSGIVING BREAK- requests to stay on campus during Thanksgiving break must be submitted via Jayweb by Friday, November 22, 2019.
Residence Halls close November 27, 2019 at 6pm and reopen at 12pm on Sunday, December 1, 2019
Thanksgiving Break – the college is closed November 28-29, 2019.
Students living in Independent Living Units (Hackman apartments, Schreiber Quads and Brinser suites) are able to stay on campus over Thanksgiving break, but MUST complete the request form.
WINTER BREAK -
Residence Halls close December 13, 2019 at 6pm
Winter Break Dates - December 14, 2019 - January 12, 2019
ALL students must vacate the Residence Halls 24 hours after their last final OR by 6:00 PM on December 13, 2019.
DEADLINE FOR WINTER BREAK REQUESTS IS WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2019.
Students needing to remain on campus during Winter Break (December 13-January 11) may seek approval from Community Living by submitting a request to stay via Jayweb. Approval is not guaranteed. Requests will be reviewed for the following circumstances:
- Employment in Elizabethtown
- student teaching/internships
- athletic team commitment
- international students
- students whose home is more than 600 miles
- students with extenuating circumstances
Due to the College being closed from December 21-January 5 students approved to stay over the break should note:
- You may be temporarily relocated for your break stay due to residence hall closures
- Access to your room will be limited to a one time request through campus security
- Meal plans are not active and with the exception of student athletes dining services will be closed
- On-campus offices will be closed; including Community Living
To access the form log in to Jayweb then select Students/Housing (drop down arrow)/Forms/Break Housing Survey.
Please contact Community Living with questions or concerns 717-361-1197 or email@example.com
Residence Halls close February 28, 2020
Spring Break - February 28, 2020- March 8, 2020
Residence Halls close April 9, 2020 at 6pm
Easter Break - April 10-13, 2020
SUMMER BREAK - Residence Halls close May 8
**ALL students must vacate the residence halls 24 hours after their last final or by 6:00pm on May 8, 2020.**