Thanksgiving Break Departure (Updated Fall 2020)
Due to COVID-19, Community Living will be asking all students to depart campus prior to Thanksgiving Break 2020. While we are not asking students to completely move out at this time, we recommend that students take all belongings they might anticipate needing between Thanksgiving Break and the start of the spring semester as access to the residence halls will be restricted. We recognize that not all students have a place to go and we will attempt to assist students in extenuating circumstances. If you have an extenuating circumstance, please contact the Office of Community Living at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-361-1197.
Additional policies regarding breaks:
- No students are permitted in campus housing during breaks without authorization.
- Students may be reassigned a temporary housing assignment during breaks.
- Students who have obtained permission to stay in College owned housing for a break period are not permitted to have guests. Students in violation of the guest policy may be asked to depart campus immediately.
- Students found responsible for unauthorized entry/stay during breaks are subject to a fee.
- All students must vacate the residence halls by 6:00 PM on the closing date for each break, unless otherwise noted.
- Residence halls re-open at noon the day before classes resume.
Remote Learning Requests for Fall 2020
The College is moving to remote learning beginning the week of November 23, 2020 through the week of Fall finals. Residential students are asked to move out of their fall housing assignment no later than Sunday, November 22nd at 6pm. This change is an effort to ensure students are able to access their personal items in the event of delayed opening or on-going remote learning past fall semester due to COVID-19.
Requests to stay on campus during fall remote learning must be submitted via Jayweb by Friday, October 30, 2020. Exceptions will be extremely limited.
Please contact Community Living with questions or concerns 717-361-1197 or email@example.com
All requests for Remote Learning Requests can be completed by logging onto Jayweb, click Housing, scroll to the bottom and in the Forms section, click Housing Break Survey.
Winter Break Stay Requests
Winter Break Stay availability will be determined by CDC/DHS guidance as it pertains to COVID-19. Check back for more details.