End of Year Move Out 2021
Last updated April 13, 2021
Student To Do List
- Plan early. Start packing a little bit each day until you are ready to move out.
- Sign up . Please sign up for a move-out time by going to your specific hall sign up link.
- Return College owned items to the office or department that owns them.
- Communicate with your family about the move out process.
Non-graduating students are required to move out no later than 24 hours after their last final.
- All on-campus housing close s at 6pm on Thursday, May 13 th, 2021 for non-graduates .
The following reasons will be considered as a late stay request. Link will be sent to students from Community Living.
- Completing the form is not a guarantee of an approved late stay.
- Students who are staying for summer classes will need to pack their belongings and “live out of a suitcase” in their spring housing assignment until summer housing opens.
- Students who have a sibling who has a later final may wait until their sibling’s final to sign up. They will need to pack their belongings and “live out of a suitcase” in their spring housing assignment until the siblings depart campus together.
- Students who are staying for commencement with a ticket will need to pack their belongings and “live out of a suitcase” in their spring housing assignment and depart immediately after the commencement they are attending ends.
- Students who have travel related reasons : flights, train or bus schedules will need to pack their belongings and “live out of a suitcase” in their spring housing assignment until their travel time.
- Any violation of campus policy will result in the immediate removal from on-campus housing at the student’s expense.
- Each s tudent will receive a checkout envelope, which must be returned to a Community Living Staff member , the Community Living Office, or Campus Security as you depart campus.
- Avoid improper check-out fees by moving out on time, removing all trash/recycling to the outside dumpsters, returning your key, cleaning your room (surfaces, vacuum) , returning furniture back to its original location and setting, and removing all personal belongings—including personal furniture.
- We do not have storage available.
- E ach student will be permitted to bring three (3) helpers for move-out.
- All COVID 19 expectations will be in effect for move-out including: masks, social distancing, no one exposed to or symptomatic of COVID 19 in the last 14 days, and roommates will need to coordinate different move out times to ensure social distancing and safety.
- Parking may be limited to your immediate housing assignment location.
- Please be mindful of others working to move out and that other ceremonies may be taking place on the Dell.
- No Myer or Schlosser Hall move outs will be permitted during the Commencement Ceremonies on Saturday and Sunday, 8am-3pm. Please plan accordingly.