Summer Intern Housing
If you are a current Etown student in need of summer housing, please visit the Current Etown Student page for more information and forms.
Special Events & Summer Programs provide short-term summer housing in Elizabethtown College’s Vera Hackman Apartments during the summer months. Elizabethtown College is a prime location for internships in Lancaster, Harrisburg, Hershey and the surrounding areas!
Summer Intern Housing dates are from Sunday, May 19th through Saturday, August 3rd, 2024.
Our recently renovated, air conditioned, furnished apartments can house up to 4 individuals. Each unit has two bedrooms (each bedroom contains two beds, two dressers, two wardrobe units, two desks, and two desk chairs), one shared bathroom, a living/dining area, and full-sized kitchen. Laundry is in a shared space on the first floor and is free.
Interns must provide their own bed linens, blanket, pillow, bath towels, kitchen equipment (pots, pans, dishes, silverware, cookware, etc.), TV.
Free Wi-Fi and parking (all vehicles must be registered to park on Elizabethtown College’s campus and will receive a parking permit).
Housing accommodations must be requested before lease signing to discuss options and are based on availability.
Living in Summer Intern Housing at Etown is ideal for:
- Current Etown students who are not eligible for summer term housing (i.e., not enrolled in classes, completing SCARP projects, employed by the College, etc.)
- Non-Etown students who have internships in the Elizabethtown area
- Non-Etown students who are taking courses at local colleges or universities
Please complete the Summer Intern Housing Inquiry form to begin the application process. Once the form has been successfully submitted and reviewed, someone from our office will reach out to confirm your interest. A lease agreement will be sent to you with additional information, and a $300 deposit must be made at the time of signing to solidify your housing.
Summer intern housing eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be over the age of 18; otherwise, must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Must provide proof of employment, internship, or enrollment in a local college or university
Summer 2024 Interns Housing Rates
- $1,350 per apartment per month
- Elizabethtown College does not assign roommates. If you are interested in potential roommates, you must indicate so on your inquiry form. If others applicants are interested in roommates, contact information will be shared between parties. All parties must agree in writing with the Special Events & Summer Programs Office for us to honor any roommate selections.
- A $300 deposit is required at the time of lease signing
- Deposits are refunded after the College completes a walkthrough after apartments are fully vacated. Refund amounts are based on any repairs, damages and/or additional cleaning costs
Additional Available On-Campus Services:
Uber / Lyft / Bus / Train / Airport
Conveniently located within minutes of Lancaster, Hershey, Harrisburg, and York, transportation options are many, including Harrisburg International Airport and Amtrak services just a short distance away.
- Hershey - 12 miles
- Lancaster - 20 miles
- York - 30 miles
- Philadelphia - 94 miles
- Baltimore - 76 miles
Does this sound like a good match? Fill out our inquiry form and someone from our office will be in touch!