Join us all month long for presentations, trivia, workouts, and cooking demos focusing on ways we can live a heart-healthy life.
There will be a drawing at every event for a variety of amazing prizes! Each activity you participate in will earn you an entry in the grand prize drawing for a $500 gift certificate to Etown's Bicycle Outfitters sponsored by the Employee Wellness Team!
Register for all the events you plan to attend through one easy form! Zoom links will be emailed to registrants on the day of selected events.
Week 1 - February 1-5
Dress Red Photo Contest: While we can’t all be together at the Dress Red Luncheon we can still show our support for Heart Health by wearing Red. Submit your photo beginning today, Monday, Feb. 1 through Thursday, Feb. 4 at Noon. Winner will be announced Friday, Feb. 5.
Virtual Lunch & Learn: Know Your Numbers:
This informative session presented by Capital Blue Cross will take an in-depth look at various biometric and bloodwork tests that can indicate the status of your health. Participants will learn about various health screenings, what each test measures, and how to make lifestyle changes that can improve the results! Thursday, Feb. 4 at Noon, Zoom.
Heart Health Trivia Question 1
Answer correctly and be entered into a drawing for a prize.
Week 2 - February 8-12
Lunch & Learn: Heart-Healthy Meals with Joni Eisenhauer
: Salmon is often considered a heart-healthy food but why and how do I make it? Joni Eisenhauer, Assistant Director of Health Promotion will answer these questions and more while cooking salmon and heart-healthy sides. Wednesday, Feb. 10 at Noon, Zoom and on-campus (10 in-person limit).
Virtual Cook-Along with Joni Eisenhauer
: It’s pizza night! Make heart-healthy (shhh…they don’t have to know) personal pizzas for the whole family during this live cook-along demo. A recipe and grocery list will be provided to registrants prior to the demo so you can cook along if you’d like. Thursday, Feb. 11 at 7 p.m., Zoom.
Heart Health Trivia Question 2
Week 3 - February 15-19
Yoga for Heart Health
: What could be better for your heart than a cardio workout? A cardiovascular one! Join Charla Lorenzen, Professor of Spanish, Modern Languages to see how a yoga practice can complement your cardio workouts and contribute to improved circulation, blood pressure, and heart rate, which all help to prevent cardiovascular disease. Two sessions offered; Wednesday, Feb. 17, 12:30 -1 p.m. and Thursday Feb. 18, 5 - 5:30 p.m., Zoom.
Heart Health Trivia Question 3
Week 4 - February 22-26
Desk Workout with Whitney Crull
: Ever heard the phrase “Sitting is the new smoking”? Stand up and join Whitney Crull, Director of the Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being on this quick 20-minute workout that you can do right at your desk! Modifications can be made for all fitness levels! Thursday, Feb. 25 at Noon, Zoom.
- Heart Health Trivia Question 4
The Elizabethtown College Employee Wellness Team promotes a work site culture that supports healthy lifestyle choices by valuing individual health and creating a supportive community to enhance the College’s vision of the optimal learning environment.
It is the mission of the Elizabethtown College Employee Wellness Team to promote the well-being of its employees through education and initiatives that:
- Increase awareness of factors and resources contributing to well-being
- Educate through wellness-related programs and activities
- Promote healthy lifestyle choices
- Promote personal and professional productivity
- Inspire and empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health
- Sustain healthy choices through a sense of community
- Financial Aid & Tuition Exchange Presentation: View last September's presentation on Financial Aid & Tuition Exchange, led by Melodie Jackson.
- Coronavirus Resource Center: Part of the Capital Blue Cross Healthwise Knowledgebase, this resource offers free infographics, articles, and videos on the symptoms, prevention, and treatment of COVID-19.
- Etown SAWR YouTube Channel: Check out the new Etown SAWR YouTube Channel, where you can find fun and interactive videos such as quick, inexpensive cooking demonstration and workouts you can do at home!
- Meditation Guide: Interested in learning more about the ancient practice of meditation? Check out this guide from the High Library featuring information from Dr. Jeffery Long.
- CBC Healthy Holidays Video Series: If you missed any of the Healthy Holidays videos, you can find all of the links here: Healthy Holiday Plates, Eating Mindfully, Food Swaps, Holiday Beverages, Staying Active during the Holidays.