EWT Vision Statement
The Elizabethtown College Employee Wellness Team promotes a work site culture that supports healthy lifestyle choices by valuing individual health and creating a supportive community to enhance the College’s vision of the optimal learning environment.
EWT Mission Statement
It is the mission of the Elizabethtown College Employee Wellness Team to promote the well-being of its employees through education and initiatives that:
- Increase awareness of factors and resources contributing to well-being
- Educate through wellness-related programs and activities
- Promote healthy lifestyle choices
- Promote personal and professional productivity
- Inspire and empower individuals to take responsibility for their own health
- Sustain healthy choices through a sense of community
EWT Events & News:
- Iron Jay Challenge, September 30 - December 11 : Ready for a challenge? Join us as we complete the Iron Jay! There are two levels to choose from, the Half Jay - 70.3 miles or the Full Jay - 140.6 miles. All forms of activity can be counted - walking, running, swimming, biking, fitness classes, and more! Register online: www.etowncollegeonline.com/ironjay. Questions? Contact Jayma Reaggs at email@example.com.
- Zoom Lunch & Learn: Healthy Mind Basics, November 17, 12pm-12:45pm : Join for a Zoom Lunch & Learn for a discussion of Healthy Mind Basics presented by Capital Blue Cross. This presentation will explore ways that you can strengthen your brain and achieve optimum mental wellness. Register online: http://bit.ly/HealthyMindBasics. All who attend will be entered to win a $25 Amazon Gift card! Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bowers Center Virtual Fitness Classes:
Virtual Group Fitness classes are available for current employees free of charge for the Fall 2020 semester. Register for classes here.
- Body Weight Blast – Wednesday 7:00pm
- Core Conditioning – Monday 7:00pm
- Couch to 5K – Friday 2:00pm
- Stretching with Cassidy – Thursday 8:30am
- Strong by Zumba – Tuesday 5:00pm
- Yoga with Peggy – Tuesday & Thursday 12:05pm
- Yoga @ Home Resources: Are you looking for some yoga instruction to keep you flexible? Check out these FREE resources:
- Etown SAWR YouTube Channel: Check out the new Etown SAWR YouTube Channel, where you can find fun and interactive videos such as quick, inexpensive cooking demonstration and workouts you can do at home!
- Meditation Guide: Interested in learning more about the ancient practice of meditation? Check out this guide from the High Library featuring information from Dr. Jeffery Long.
EWT Monthly Calendar