The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
Family Recreation ID Card Policies
Beginning Spring 2020, the Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being will issue Family Recreation I.D. Cards for spouses/partners of Etown employees and employees’ dependents ages 18-26 years of age.
Spouses/Partners and children/dependents of Elizabethtown College employees are able to use certain recreational facilities on campus with a valid Family Recreation I.D. Card (Children/dependents defined as unmarried, ages 18-26 years old living in the household and still on the guardians insurance. Proof of insurance is required upon registration. During the summer dependents can be 16 or older. However, those that are 16 and 17 years old MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian).
To obtain a Family Recreation I.D. Card, the spouse/partner and/or each child/dependent must fill out the follow form: Family Recreation I.D.
Once the forms and requirements are completed, the employee will receive a confirmation email stating that their account has been created and approved. After that confirmation email, the employee must accompany their family members to Campus Security, where they will get their picture taken and an I.D. printed. Pictures can be taken between the hours of 9am-7pm, Monday through Friday. There may be a 24 hour delay from the time the card is issued to the time you are able to use it. Family members must have this I.D. with them at all times when using Elizabethtown College recreational facilities and it will be used to scan in at certain facilities such as the Bowers Center.
The membership fees will be made through payroll deduction. If the card is lost, Campus Security will charge an additional fee for the replacement of the card.
|Membership Type||Price Per Semester
*check website for updated semester schedule. Subject to change.
|Elizabethtown College Spouses||$75 (Fall/Spring) $50 (Summer)|
|Elizabethtown College families
(School year - 18-26 years of age, living at home and on guardian’s insurance. Summer - 16 and 17 permitted with an accompanying parent/guardian)
|$125 (Fall/Spring) $95 (Summer)|
Membership forms must be renewed semesterly. The cards will not expire, unless the employee no longer works for the college.
Spring: January 6, 2020 - May 17, 2020
Summer: May 18, 2020 - August 14, 2020
Fall: August, 24, 2020 - December 22, 2020
- Thompson Gymnasium
- The Bowers Center for Sports Fitness and Well-Being
- For facility hours of The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being, visit www.etown.edu/bowers-center/
- Swimming Pool (if Thompson Gym doors are locked, swimmers must enter at door closest to BSC - look for signs)
- Children 8-17 years of age may obtain a different ID card for swimming only issued by the Athletic Department, upon completion of a swimming test administered by the Athletics Department (please check in with the Lifeguard the first time to complete this test). Only lap swimming is available.
- Members of the local community may purchase a membership on a semester basis to use the swimming pool.
- For questions regarding the pool, please contact Melissa Rohrer at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cheri Way at email@example.com.
- For facility hours of the Thompson Gymnasium and the Swimming Pool, visit https://etownbluejays.com/facilities/.
- Outdoor volleyball, tennis, basketball and bocce ball courts, gaga pit, practice fields and outdoor track.
- Only college employees may bring their spouse and dependents to use the recreational facilities. Spouses and dependents are not permitted to bring additional guests.
- Family members must have their ID with them at all times.
- Recreational facilities are not open to the general public, except for the swimming pool (with a valid membership).
- Programs/Events for the campus community are not available for Family Rec Pass Users.
- Group fitness classes are included in the cost of the membership.
- No children under the age of 18 will be permitted into the Bowers Center unless for a college-approved event.
- Physical education classes, varsity athletic teams, intramural competition, conference groups, and scheduled special events will have priority access to facilities. Otherwise, facilities will available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The college employee is responsible for the conduct of their family members while using any recreational facility. They are expected to adhere to the Bowers Center policies.
Family Recreation ID Card users may park in any visitor parking lot on campus. Please refer to https://www.etown.edu/offices/security/parkingregs.aspx for parking regulations and a parking map.
For questions, please contact Whitney Crull, Director of the Bowers Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-361-1590.