The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
Other Events and Information
Career and Adulting Week
Join RecWell and the Career Development Center for Career and Adulting Week October 24 - 28! Each day we will be hosting programs and sessions to help you prepare for life after college!
- Monday, October 24 - Prepare for the Fair: 11 am - 1 pm in the KAV. Engage in fair preparation activities such as practicing your elevator pitch, networking tips and tricks, browse the Career Closet and more.
- Tuesday, October 25 - Job, Internship and Graduate Expo: 11 am - 2 pm in the Bowers Center Fieldhouse. Connect with employers to learn more about job, internship and graduate school opportunities.
- Wednesday, October 26 - Wealthy Wednesday: Join Truist Bank on October 26 for Wealthy Wednesday! They will be discussing Social Media Scams and How to Avoid Them. There will be two sessions available in the Bowers Center Classroom: 12 PM and 5 PM. Pizza, drinks and dessert will be provided at each session! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register! 24 spots available for each session!
- Thursday, October 27 - Thrify Meal Thursday: Learn how to create meal plans, write a useful grocery list and stay on a food budget. In addition, several easy to make and budget-friendly recipes will be available to taste test. Individuals must sign up in advance using the Sign Up Genius link. This event will be on Thursday, October 27 from 4-5 PM in the Bowers Center Demonstration Kitchen.
- Friday, October 28 - friDIY: To wrap up Career and Adulting Week, RecWell, the Career Development Center, PSECU, the Nifty Needlework Club and more will be throughout the Bowers Center on Friday, October 28 from 11am-2pm for friDIY! We'll be teaching you some important hacks to make your life easier, like sewing a button, tying a tie, budgeting and more! Take a punch card with you for each station. Completed punch cards go into a raffle to win a gift card to the Container Store!
The Office of Campus Recreation and Well-Being offers certification through the American Red Cross for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED. The cost for current Elizabethtown College students, staff and faculty is $65. The cost for community members is $80. Visit our CPR Certification website for more information and to register for one of the following upcoming classes:
- October 21 (4 time slots, 8 people/session): 7:30 am - 9:00 am, 10:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- November 18 (4 time slots, 8 people/session): 7:30 am - 9:00 am, 10:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Hunt for Happiness Information
Shop Small: Help support our community by shopping at some of these local businesses!
Local Volunteer Opportunities
- Bethesda Mission: Volunteer - Bethesda Mission
- Brethren Housing: Ways to Get Involved | Brethren Housing Association (bha-pa.org)
- Church World Service: Individual and Group Volunteers | CWS Lancaster
- Cornerstone Youth Ministries: https://cornerstoneetown.org/vol
- ECHO: Get Involved – ECHOS Lancaster
- GEARS: Join Our Team | GEARS (getintogears.org)
- Habitat for Humanity: https://lancasterlebanonhabitat.org/volunteer-opportunities/
- Midwest Food Bank: Pennsylvania - Midwest Food Bank
- Ronald McDonald House Hershey PA: Volunteer - Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central PA (rmhc-centralpa.org)
- Water Street Mission: Volunteer with Us - Water Street Mission | Serving Lancaster, PA (wsm.org)
Contact email@example.com for a list of suggested nonperishable donations for Blue Jay Pantry and the Elizabethtown Community Cupboard. Tutoring, afterschool programming, scout leadership and NAACP coaching opportunities are also available.
Get Out and Hike!
Hiking has many health benefits, from physical to emotional and mental. Lancaster County is home to tons of hiking trails! Visit one of these four hiking trails that are all less than 8 miles from campus!
NW Lancaster County River Trail
Conewago Recreational Trail
Bellaire Woods Nature Preserve
Cove Outlook Park Loop
Etown RecWell YouTube Channel
Check out our new EtownRecWell YouTube Channel, where we will be posting fun and interactive videos such as quick, inexpensive cooking demonstration and workouts you can do at home!
- Pantry Vegetable Soup - Find the recipe here!
- Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins - Find the recipe here!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas - Find the recipe here!
- Baked Banana & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal - Find the recipe here!
- Chickpea Salad - Find the recipe here!
- Healthy Crispy Chick - Find the recipe here!
- Protein Bites - Find the recipe here!
- Cooking with the J's: Healthy Recipes for the Mind and Body post-session information
- Pre and Post Run Stretches
- Audio Running Class
- Ab Workouts
- Upper Body Workouts
- Lower Body Workouts
- Spin classes
- ...and more!