The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
Other Events and Information
The Office of Campus Recreation and Well-Being offers certification through the American Red Cross for Adult First Aid/CPR/AED. The cost for current Elizabethtown College students, staff and faculty is $65. The cost for community members is $80. Visit our CPR Certification website for more information and to register for one of the following upcoming classes:
- October 20 (4 time slots, 8 people/session): 7:30 am - 9:00 am, 10:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- November 17 (4 time slots, 8 people/session): 7:30 am - 9:00 am, 10:00 am - 11:30 am, 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm, 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm
Attend 'til the End: Fall Group Fitness Challenge
This year, we are challenging you to attend as many group fitness classes during the Fall 2023 semester! Why? Because consistency matters and simple, daily efforts can make a lasting impact! Every group fitness class you attend (and are checked-in for) count towards your total points. The person with the most points at the end of the semester will win an iPad and a $100 lululemon gift card! The challenge runs from August 28 - December 1. Email email@example.com to register!
RecWell Active Bingo
RecWell Active Bingo is back for the Fall 2023 semester! Each participant that registers will be given a RecWell Active Bingo square and can choose from row(s) they'd like to complete. Knock them out over the course of the month and receive Gymshark gift cards for completed rows and squares! To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The incentive program runs from September 25 - October 27.
October Demo Kitchen Events
- October 25, Dinners, Dimes, and DIY - Join The Bowers Center, PSECU, and the Career Development Center for a night of meal prep, budgeting, career advice, and a DIY activity! Attendance includes dinner and a chance to win adulting give-a-ways! The event is October 25 from 6-8 PM. Register in advance on Handshake
- October 27, Foam Roll & Fiber - On Friday, October 27 from 3-3:30pm, roll out those sore muscles with this quick and efficient 20 minute foam rolling session followed by a fiber-packed snack in the demo kitchen! Register on the group fitness section of our website.
- October 30, Candy Apple Bar - Stop by the Demo Kitchen on Monday, 10/30 between 5 pm - 7 pm to make your own candy apple slices with a variety of fun toppings. In addition, our SWAG members will be there to share harm reduction strategies so you can all be safe during fall celebrations.
November Demo Kitchen Events
- Friday, November 3, Fall Drinks Drop-In Demo - TGIF - thank goodness it's Friday or thank goodness it's Fall?! Get in the fall spirit with several samples of fall drinks (more than just pumpkin spice) in the demo kitchen from 11 am - 1 pm on Friday, November 3.
- Tuesday, November 7, Tik Tok Food Trends Demo - Wondering if the newest Tik Tok food trend is as easy as it seems? Does it taste good? Come to the demo kitchen and find out on November 7 from 4 -5 pm! Participants will have hands on and taste testing opportunities. Please register using our Sign Up Genius link on our website: Register here!
- Friday, November 10, Core & Carbs - On Friday, November 10 from 3-3:30pm, get in a quick and efficient 20-minute ab workout followed by a snack made up of healthy carbs! Register on the group fitness section of our website. Register here!
December Demo Kitchen Events
- Friday, December 1, National Cookie Day Drop-In - Whether you like your cookies to have a little crunch or soft and chewy, eating your favorite cookie always brings happiness! RecWell is celebrating National Cookie Day! Stop by the Bowers Center Demonstration Kitchen on Friday, December 1 between 11 AM - 2 PM and sample some of the college employees and student's favorite cookies! We will also have warm drinks (while supplies last) and holiday music to get you in the spirit! Bring an item for the Blue Jay Pantry or Blue Jay Career Closet and receive a free copy of the Etown Holiday Cookie Recipe Favorites cookbook compiled by RecWell (while supplies last)! Life's about balance...eat the cookie!
- Wednesday, December 6, Make your Own Body Scrub - Take a break from studying and stop by the Demonstration Kitchen on Reading Day from 3 - 5pm (or while supplies last) to make your own body scrub for yourself or as a holiday gift for someone else. All supplies will be provided!
Get Out and Hike!
Hiking has many health benefits, from physical to emotional and mental. Lancaster County is home to tons of hiking trails! Visit one of these four hiking trails that are all less than 8 miles from campus!
NW Lancaster County River Trail
Conewago Recreational Trail
Bellaire Woods Nature Preserve
Cove Outlook Park Loop
Etown RecWell YouTube Channel
Check out our new EtownRecWell YouTube Channel, where we will be posting fun and interactive videos such as quick, inexpensive cooking demonstration and workouts you can do at home!
- Pantry Vegetable Soup - Find the recipe here!
- Scrambled Egg Breakfast Muffins - Find the recipe here!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas - Find the recipe here!
- Baked Banana & Chocolate Chip Oatmeal - Find the recipe here!
- Chickpea Salad - Find the recipe here!
- Healthy Crispy Chick - Find the recipe here!
- Protein Bites - Find the recipe here!
- Cooking with the J's: Healthy Recipes for the Mind and Body post-session information
- Pre and Post Run Stretches
- Audio Running Class
- Ab Workouts
- Upper Body Workouts
- Lower Body Workouts
- Spin classes
- ...and more!