The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
September/October 2019 Events
Conrad's Corner Karaoke!
9:00 pm - 1:00 am, KAV
Test out your pipes in the Karaoake version of Conrad's Corner!
True Blue Series : Women's Soccer vs. Susquehanna
4:00 pm, Herr Field
Join us for the first ever True Blue event! The first 50 E-Town students/faculty/staff with a valid ID will receive a free Women's Soccer t-shirt!
Conrad's Corner Pub Trivia
9:00 pm - 1:00 am, KAV
You've tested out your vocal skills this Friday, now test out your knowledge at Conrad's Corner Trivia!
Fall Break: Modified Building Hours
- October 2: 6:00 am - 6:00 pm
- October 3: 6:00 am - 2:00 pm
- October 4: 6:00 am - 2:00 pm
- October 5 & 6: Closed
Food & Mood Series
- October 8: 4:00-5:00 pm, Bowers Center Classroom
- October 15: 4:00-5:00 pm, Bowers Center Classroom
- October 22: 4:00-5:00 pm, Bowers Center Demonstration Kitchen
SAWR and Counseling Services will be offering 3 workshops to discuss how what you eat can affect your mood. Learn new information, receive healthy recipes and taste test a few mood-improving snacks! Your attendance at all 3 sessions is encouraged but not required. Please email email@example.com to reserve your spot. Seating is limited.
Holly Bertone, Motivational Speaker
6:00 - 7:00 pm, Bowers Center Demonstration Kitchen
Holly Bertone is a motivational speaker, healthy lifestyle guru and breast cancer survivor. Join us as she shares her own survivor story and touches on how gratitude builds fortitude, early detection and living a healthy lifestyle. SWAGs and Colleges Against Cancer will be tabling at the event. There will also be pink-inspired food and drinks to celebrate Breast Cancer Awareness month! Space is limited, so please email Whitney Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you are interested in attending!
OSA Cherry Crest Farms Trip
Saturday, October 12
More details to come.
Alcohol Awareness Week
October 14 - October 18
Financial Wellness Series: Intro to Money Management
6:00 - 7:00 pm, Bowers Center Classroom
In the second part of our Fall Financial Wellness trilogy series, PSECU will discuss useful ways to management your money. Snacks and financial incentive prizes will be provided! If you attend all three sessions this semester, your name will go into a raffle to win a $50 gift card to the Book Store! Brought to you by SAWR, PSECU and the Business Department!
OSA Midterm Meltdown
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
BSC Concourse: Stress reliever glitter jar making
Bowers Center Patio: S'mores, trail mix bar, photo booth and more!
True Blue Event: Women's Volleyball vs Catholic
7:00 pm, Thompson Gymnasium
In our second True Blue event of the semester, watch women's volleyball take on Catholic! A give-a-way will be offered to the first 50 E-town students, faculty or staff that present a valid ID.
Flocktails Pop-up Demo!
5:00 - 7:00 pm, Bowers Center Demonstration Kitchen
Homecoming Weekend Events
Friday, October 18
- Mad Cow Improv, 7:00 pm, KAV
- Root Beer Float Fiesta, 8:15 pm, KAV
- Dan Lornitis, Comedy Hypnotists, 8:30 pm, KAV
Saturday, October 19
- Miller Flooring Blue Jay 5K, 8:00 am
- Blue Jay 'Jacks Blowout Pancake Feed, 8:30 am, Bowers Center Demo Kitchen
- Bowers Center Tours, 3:00-5:00 pm
- Food Truck and Lawn games Jamboree, 8:30-11:30 pm, Brinser Field
Sunday, October 20
- Rise and Shine Yoga, 9:00 am, Brinser Field
Domestic Violence Awareness Week Events
SWAG & It's On Us tabling event
- Tuesday, October 22, 5:00-7:00 pm, Bowers Center Lower Lounge
Wear Purple Day
- Thursday, October 24
Self-Defense Education Classes (3 sessions)
- Sunday October 27, Bowers Center Group Fitness Room
- 12:00-2:00 pm, WAVE: Women Against Violent Encounters (women's only)
- 2:00-4:00 pm, Subject Safety (co-ed)
- 4:00-6:00 pm, Modified Self-Defense class
- Registration is limited to 20 people per class. To register and find descriptions of each classes, please visit http://www.etown.edu/bowers-center/group-fitness/schedule.aspx
*Times may be adjusted.
Fall Food Pairings: Pumpkin Everything!
Wednesday, October 23
6:00-7:30 pm, Bowers Center Demonstration Kitchen
Registration required. Email Joni Eisenhauer at email@example.com
OSA Hershey Park in the Dark Tickets
Available for purchase at the HUB!
True Blue Event: Field Hockey vs Goucher
Saturday, October 26, 1:00pm, Wolf Field
Come support our Field Hockey team as they take on Goucher for the 3rd True Blue Event! The first 50 E-town students, faculty and staff with a valid ID will receive a give-a-way!
Friday: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.