The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
The Bowers Center is a central hub for all things fitness and recreation. It has a 180-meter indoor track and three basketball/volleyball/tennis courts, which are located inside the Field House on the first level. The cardio, strength, and fitness wing is located on the second level. The fitness center is equipped with a multitude of equipment as well as two group fitness rooms.
General Policies and Procedures
- Use of the Bowers Center is a privilege. Anyone violating guidelines, including verbal and/or physical abuse of employee(s) or user(s), criminal activity, disorderly conduct, or inappropriate behavior is subject to:
- Immediate removal
- Suspension of membership
- Referral to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities under the Student Code of Conduct or other applicable guidelines as defined in the Student Handbook
Friday: 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Front Desk: 717-361-3661
Equipment/Information Desk: 717-361-3662
- Current E-town students, faculty and staff may use the facility during open recreation hours with a valid E-town ID. An ID card is required to use the Bowers Center recreational spaces.
- Spouses and dependents of Elizabethtown College employees may use the Bowers Center with a Family Recreation I.D. card. Please visit our Rec Pass page for more information.
- Intercollegiate contests and practices, Health and Wellness Department courses, Bowers Center sponsored events and activities (group fitness classes, health promotion, student activities), and other E-town hosted campus events have priority scheduling to spaces in this facility.
- The Bowers Center is an alcohol, drug and tobacco-free facility.
- The Bowers Center is a “participate at your own risk” environment. Users are solely responsible for their actions, including but not limited to, damaged equipment.
- Clean, closed-toe, closed-heel athletic shoes with non-marking soles must be worn at all times, unless under the supervision of an instructor
- Appropriate attire is required in all activity areas. Excessive skin exposure is not permitted in order to avoid the spread of bacteria; prohibited clothing includes, but is not limited to: jeans, sports bras without shirts, flip flops/sandals, boots, scrubs, dangly jewelry, shirts that do not cover back, chest, or sides.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited inside the facility, with the exception of electric carts to assist persons with disabilities. Rollerblades, skateboards, or hover boards are not permitted.
- No pets, with the exception of service animals, are permitted in the facility.
- Weapons as defined by the Elizabethtown College Student Code of Conduct are prohibited.
- Lockers and cubbies are available for storage of all personal items. Personal items are not permitted in hallways, lobbies, stairwells, or activity areas.
- The College is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.
- Injuries, accidents or equipment failures should be reported immediately to Bowers Center staff. Do not use equipment if it is damaged or if your safety is in question.
- Food is prohibited in multipurpose rooms, fitness area and field house unless authorized for a specific event. Food must be contained to the demonstration kitchen, Fresh Nest smoothie bar and lounges. Drinks must be kept in a closed container.
- Requests for approval to post flyers, signs or posters should be directed to the Bowers Center staff.
- Videoing, photographing and/or audio recording of other Bowers Center patrons or guests without their prior authorization is prohibited and is cause for referral to the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities under the Student Code of Conduct.
- The use of photography and video in bathrooms or locker rooms is prohibited.
- Hours are subject to change based on the College’s academic schedule and weather.
- The Bowers Center staff reserves the right to implement any additional guidelines that protect the health and safety of the facility and its users.
Click here for Reservations and Rentals
Fitness and Recreation Rooms
This multiuse court can function as a basketball court, volleyball court, tennis court, indoor track, and field practice area and is surrounded by a 180-meter indoor track. It can also be used as a large event venue space.
Cardio, Strength & Fitness Area
This area is equipped with 52 cardio pieces, mostly all with individual viewing screens, 38 strength equipment, including 6 squat racks, and a magnitude of functional fitness training equipment. The cardio area is surrounded by Sage Glass which tints automatically to optimize building comfort.
Group Fitness Rooms
These rooms house the Group Fitness program and can be opened up to one large room or split into 2 smaller rooms. With a multipurpose flooring, use can range from spinning and Zumba classes to circuit training and HIIT. The room has a ballet bar for Barre classes as well as TRX hook-ups.
Housed in the Well-Being Wing are two multipurpose rooms. One room is a classroom that can be used for trainings, educational classes and group meeting spaces. The other room is a multipurpose space for meetings, group fitness classes, student group practices and more.
Also housed in the Well-Being Wing is a Relaxation Room. The Relaxation Room is equipped with comfortable furniture, calming activities, and an EnergyPod. This space is the ultimate de-stress zone!