The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness and Well-Being
The demonstration kitchen is located on the first floor of The Bowers Center for Sports, Fitness & Well-Being. The kitchen is utilized to develop cooking skills, discuss nutrition and engage the campus community in the many aspects of food and wellness. The demonstration kitchen has scheduled programming and is also available for on-campus courses, clubs and/or organizations through a reservation system.
For a list of our scheduled programs/events, please click here.
For more information about reserving this space, please click here.
For additional information about the demonstration kitchen, please contact Joni Eisenhauer at email@example.com
Click here for the Demonstration Kitchen Policies and Procedures and Event Checklist
October Demo Kitchen Events
- October 25, Dinners, Dimes, and DIY - Join The Bowers Center, PSECU, and the Career Development Center for a night of meal prep, budgeting, career advice, and a DIY activity! Attendance includes dinner and a chance to win adulting give-a-ways! The event is October 25 from 6-8 PM. Register in advance on Handshake
- October 27, Foam Roll & Fiber - On Friday, October 27 from 3-3:30pm, roll out those sore muscles with this quick and efficient 20 minute foam rolling session followed by a fiber-packed snack in the demo kitchen! Register on the group fitness section of our website.
- October 30, Candy Apple Bar - Stop by the Demo Kitchen on Monday, 10/30 between 5 pm - 7 pm to make your own candy apple slices with a variety of fun toppings. In addition, our SWAG members will be there to share harm reduction strategies so you can all be safe during fall celebrations.
November Demo Kitchen Events
- Friday, November 3, Fall Drinks Drop-In Demo - TGIF - thank goodness it's Friday or thank goodness it's Fall?! Get in the fall spirit with several samples of fall drinks (more than just pumpkin spice) in the demo kitchen from 11 am - 1 pm on Friday, November 3.
- Tuesday, November 7, Tik Tok Food Trends Demo - Wondering if the newest Tik Tok food trend is as easy as it seems? Does it taste good? Come to the demo kitchen and find out on November 7 from 4 -5 pm! Participants will have hands on and taste testing opportunities. Please register using our Sign Up Genius link on our website: Register here!
- Friday, November 10, Core & Carbs - On Friday, November 10 from 3-3:30pm, get in a quick and efficient 20-minute ab workout followed by a snack made up of healthy carbs! Register on the group fitness section of our website. Register here!
December Demo Kitchen Events
- Friday, December 1, National Cookie Day Drop-In - Whether you like your cookies to have a little crunch or soft and chewy, eating your favorite cookie always brings happiness! RecWell is celebrating National Cookie Day! Stop by the Bowers Center Demonstration Kitchen on Friday, December 1 between 11 AM - 2 PM and sample some of the college employees and student's favorite cookies! We will also have warm drinks (while supplies last) and holiday music to get you in the spirit! Bring an item for the Blue Jay Pantry or Blue Jay Career Closet and receive a free copy of the Etown Holiday Cookie Recipe Favorites cookbook compiled by RecWell (while supplies last)! Life's about balance...eat the cookie!
- Wednesday, December 6, Make your Own Body Scrub - Take a break from studying and stop by the Demonstration Kitchen on Reading Day from 3 - 5pm (or while supplies last) to make your own body scrub for yourself or as a holiday gift for someone else. All supplies will be provided!