Prematriculation Immunization Policy
Per recommendations of ACHA (American College Health Association) Guidelines, April 2014
It is the policy of Student Wellness to require the following immunizations for all students entering Elizabethtown College as 1st year students, as well as new transfer students:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella): 2 doses required. The 1st dose must be given after 12 months of age.
- Varicella (chickenpox): Either the date of disease is required or 2 doses of vaccine.
- Tetanus/diptheria: Updated tetanus booster within 10 years. Tdap vaccine is preferred.
- Hepatitis B: 3 doses of vaccine are required.
- Meningitis: Required by Pa. state law. A booster dose required if the initial dose was given prior to 16th birthday.
- Polio: Date of the last dose administered is required.
- Influenza vaccine: Highly encouraged for all students yearly for the flu season, not required.
Note: Blood tests that show proof of immunity are also accepted as documentation.