Summer Enrichment Grants
Summer Enrichment Grants are available to help find summer research, selective internships, or enrichment travel related to course of study. At least six grants of $1,000 each are to provide enrichment opportunities for high achieving Elizabethtown College students in their pursuit of research, study, and travel experiences advancing their own particular course of study during the summer. (Additional funds may be available in special circumstances.) The grants are for rising sophomores and juniors especially, who are on a path enabling them to apply for prestigious scholarships and fellowships in the future. These nationally competitive scholarships and fellowships fund such opportunities as specialized study abroad, independent research, and graduate study.
- Preference for rising sophomores or rising juniors.
- Engaged in research with faculty on campus, in a selective internship, or travel related to course of study, which will happen in the summer.
- Commitment to pursuing relevant prestigious scholarship and fellowship opportunities to fund specialized study abroad, independent research, and/or graduate study.
- Application cover sheet
- Project proposal (500 word limit)
- Sponsorship letter from research supervisor or advisor (a statement of support via email from the research supervisor or advisor.
- Engagement in reportable research and scholarly work (e.g., will result in presentation, publication, etc.)
- Intent to pursue prestigious scholarship and fellowship opportunities
- Report at end of project
Application Evaluation Criteria
- Proven academic track record and demonstrated capacity for carrying out proposed project (e.g. research, internship, travel).
- Project proposal has scholarly merit, connection to academic path, and a reportable outcome (what was discovered, learned, etc).
- commitment to pursue prestigious scholarship and fellowship opportunities
- Applications are available March 1
- Applications are due April 17
- Review will be conducted by committee
- Recipients will be notified by April 24