Module 2 Questions
Assignment 2: Five Steps to Being an Effective Tutor
Please remember to use complete sentences. For example: I feel the most important characteristics of a tutor include... write more than one sentence.
Please print this page to complete the answers. When all modules are completed, submit all answer sheets to Tammie Longsderff at Learning Zone. All modules must be completed before you can receive any tutoring assignments.
1. How do you prepare yourself for the first tutoring session?
2. Step Two refers to shaping the environment. What does that mean?
3. There are several ingredients for a good tutoring session. Which one will be the most difficult for you? Why?
4. How can you know your student's strengths and weaknesses?
5. During the first tutoring session, you realize the student is there for you to do his/her homework. How do you respond to the student?
6. Give an example of an assignment you might give your student, and give an example of comments you might use to end a tutoring session.