Tips For Problem Solving Tests
- As soon as you get your test, write down any information you might forget during the test (e.g. formulas, equations, key points).
- Mark questions you are not sure of and come back to them later.
- Guess instead of leaving a question blank, unless you are penalized for wrong answers; you have a better chance of getting points.
- If you get stuck, try solving the problem on scratch paper, using formulas that might fit. You may stumble across the right solution.
- Be sure to check your work. Plug answers into equations to verify that they make sense (for example time wouldn't be a negative number).