Office of theVice President for Student Life & Dean of Students
Student Life Mission
The mission of the Student Life Division is to foster an engaging, supportive, and culturally vibrant living and learning environment where each student feels they belong. This sense of belonging extends to all aspects of the student experience; in the classroom, in the residence halls, in the dining hall, or attending an event.
Blue Jay Blue Print
Elizabethtown College is committed to providing our students a quality education that will help them develop leadership skills, better their well-being and connectedness, and enhance relationship building. The Etown Blue Print program provides students with a roadmap for this journey, acts as a bridge between campus and local communities, fosters life skills, and creates professional connections that extend outside the classroom.
Students choosing to engage in what Etown has to offer can expect to grow and develop in the following areas:
Wellbeing and Connectedness
- Define personal, holistic health and make choices that support wellbeing.
- Develop self-worth, individuality and independence.
- Create a shared sense of community and accept individual responsibility for the wellbeing of the community.
Civility and Curiosity
- Seek understanding and create respectful dialogue across difference.
- Develop knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for academic success and lifelong learning.
- Explore purposeful life work.
Leadership and Service
- Identify and develop personal leadership style.
- Develop an understanding of servant leadership.
- Integrate classroom learning with community engagement in partnership with local agencies.
Equity and Diversity
- Develop an understanding of how identity impacts one's experience and sense of belonging in one's environment.
- Commit to acting in ways that challenge oppressive systems, reduce barriers, and promote belonging for those holding marginalized identities.
- Commence on a journey of global understanding, truth-telling, and transforming relationships.
Baugher Student Center- 257
Phone: 717-361-1196 or 717-361-3159
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Vice President for Student Life & Dean of Students
Amy C Berra
Senior Assistant to the Divison of Student Life
The Vice President for Student Life and Dean of Students oversees many aspects of student life on campus including: