You've taken the CliftonStrengths® inventory....now what? Knowing your top 5 talents is not enough; you have to intentionally engage your talents and combine them with knowledge and skills to develop strengths.
- Review the reports and resources (including excellent learning modules) available at Gallup's CliftonStrengths site to further explore your top 5 themes, or areas, of talent.
- Post your top 5 somewhere that you can see everyday.
- Have a conversation with someone who knows you well; ask them to read your report and give you their reaction.
- Begin to spot your strengths in action. How do they impact the way you interact with your peers? How do they impact your everyday life?
- Keep a What Went Well journal. Reflect on what went well today. Did your strengths play a role in that?
Do you need to re-access your results?
Go to Gallup's CliftonStrengths page and sign in with your email and password that you created when you took the inventory. You can reset your password if you don't remember it. You will then have access to your results and much more helpful information.
Elizabethtown College is a campus that embraces the strengths philosophy. You will see evidence of this on our campus - from the strengths posters in our buildings, the conversations you hear between students, faculty, and staff, and more. We encourage you to engage in these opportunities and utilize the resources.
- Students can talk about their strengths with their faculty advisor, supervisor, or mentor.
- Faculty and staff have opportunities to connect with colleagues in workshops and book groups.
- Parents can learn more about strengths and ask their students how they are utilizing their strengths on a daily basis.
Do you want to learn more about strengths? Do you want to help someone else you know learn about their strengths? Check out the following books:
- StrengthsFinder 2.0*
- CliftonStrengths for Students*
- Now Discover Your Strengths*
- Soar with Your Strengths
- Strengths-Based Leadership*
- Living Your Strengths*
- Teach with Your Strengths*
- Strengths-Based Parenting*
*this book comes with a code to take the CliftonStrengths® inventory
Learn more about the 34 talent themes!
Gallup's Theme Thursday channel on YouTube
(check out videos explaining each theme)
Email Stacey Zimmerman at email@example.com.