As you prepare for your arrival at Elizabethtown College, we'd like to provide you an overview of our services and how to get the most out of your technology experience here at Etown. Whether you are on campus or working remotely, we have technologies to support your learning. Before the semester begins, please do the following:
- Watch the video below containing a variety of tech tips to get you situated on campus. If you prefer, a video transcription is available.
- Take a short quiz on all that you have learned from the video. Every new student must complete the quiz in Canvas by Friday, January 29th, 2021.
- Make sure your computer is up-to-date with the Windows or Apple security updates.
It is best to complete these steps before arriving to campus or before the term begins if you are learning remotely. Best of luck in your transition into college!
Take the Quiz
- Complete this quiz in Canvas with a score of 80% or better by Friday, January 29th, 2021.
- Use either Firefox or Chrome for the best experience.
- Computer Updates – Windows Updates and MacOS Updates .
- Microsoft Office – get access to free Microsoft Office 365 for your computers and devices.
- Technology on Campus – computer labs , printing , network drives, and internet access .
- Technology Help – use the ITS website , Knowledgebase and blog .
- ITS Social Media – Facebook and Twitter .
Acceptable Use Policy – by agreeing to the Acceptable Use Policy, you will conduct yourself ethically, legally, and responsibly on our network.