Research Across Campus
The primary purpose of the academic programs at Elizabethtown College is focused on teaching and learning. However, this primary focus is further sharpened when faculty members engage in externally funded research and programs to deepen their expertise and contribute to the creation of knowledge. In most instances, our students participate in the research and programs and gain real world experience under the supervision of their faculty mentors.
The Office of Sponsored Research and Programs works closely with faculty and staff, the Office of the Dean of Faculty, the Development Office and with other offices across campus to support and administer externally funded research and programs.
Highlighted Externally Funded Scholarship and Service Activities
- Sara Atwood - Located in the Department of Engineering and Physics; funding by the National Science Foundation (NSF) for Engineering Practices with Impact Cohort (EPIC)
- Michele Kozimor - Located in the Department of Sociology; funding by Ithaca College for Deputy Editor for Teaching Sociology
- Wendy Martin - Located in the Department of Education; funding by the PA Department of Education (PDE) and IU-13 for Science in Motion
- Sara Atwood- Located in the Department of Engineering and Physics; funding by the University of Arizona (NSF) for Making Grades Meaningful: Standards-Based Grading for Engineering Project Courses
- David Bowne- Located in the Department of Biology; funding by Drexel University for Headwater Aquatic Resource Restoration Monitoring
- Anya Goldina and Diane Bridge - Located in the Department of Biology; funding by the PA Sea Grant (PSU) for Investigation of Chemical Signals for Improving Frapping Efficience and Preventing Further Expansion of Invasive Crayfish Species
- Peggy McFarland and Debra Jones - Department of Social Work; funding by the Lancaster County Coalition to End Homelessness for Etown Community Homeless and Outreach Services (ECHOS) and Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP-33)
Staff and Faculty Outreach Programs
- Science in Motion (located in the Department of Education)