First ID Card Information
Once you have your JayWeb login information, your ID Card can be produced. In order to pick up your ID at Summer orientation, your photo must be submitted by July 20. In order to pick up your ID at Fall orientation, your photo must be submitted by August 10. In order to pick up your ID at Winter Orientation, your photo must be submitted by January 5.
Submitting photos through JayWeb is completely optional. Campus Security has the ability to take your photo when you arrive on campus for Orientation (June, August, or January)
ID Photo Guidelines
The most important requirement is that the photo clearly identifies the cardholder. Users who fail to adhere to these guidelines will be notified and asked that a new photo is resubmitted. If an acceptable photo cannot be submitted, the ID will not be produced until the user can be photographed on campus by Campus Security.
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Take off your eyeglasses for your photo.
- Use a white or blue background
Resolution, Print Size, and Quality
- Submit a photo that is not blurry, grainy, or pixelated.
- Do not digitally change the photo
Pose and Expression
- Have a neutral facial expression or a natural smile, with both eyes open.
- Face the camera directly with full face in view.
- Prescription glasses may be worn for the photo; however, there should be no reflections from the eyeglasses that obscure the eyes.
- You cannot wear sunglasses.
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless they are needed for medical reasons. A medical certificate may be required Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis.
- You cannot wear a hat.
- Head coverings are acceptable due to religious beliefs, provided the head covering shows a full front view of the face, does not cast a shadow onto the face, shows an overall pattern in the fabric or material (not a graphic design).
- You cannot wear headphones or wireless hands-free devices.
- You can wear jewelry and keep on your facial piercings as long as they do not hide your face. Permanent tattoos are acceptable.
Here are some examples:
Good Background, OK
Glasses with No Glare, OK
Looking away, not OK
|Too Dark, not OK||
Partial Photo, not OK
| Busy Background,
Hats, not OK
|Glasses with Glare, not OK||Sunglasses, not OK|
Not just an ID Card
While your ID card will primarily be used to give you access to your residence hall, the ID card has many other uses on campus:
- Used to buy textbooks at the bookstore
- Used at the Marketplace, Jays Nest and Fresh Nest
- Used to gain access to the Bowers Center, Fitness Center, and to check out equipment
- Used to check out materials from High Library
- Used to get discounts at various local businesses