Ware Lecture on Peacemaking
Hosted annually by the Center for Global Understanding and Peacemaking, the Judy S. '68 and Paul W. Ware Lecture on Peacemaking is the Center's signature event. The lecture is made possible by a generous grant from Judy S. '68 and Paul W. Ware of Lancaster, Pa. The Ware Lecture has brought Nobel Peace Prize recipients, influential journalists, and political leaders from around the world to Elizabethtown.
The Ware Lecture is open to the public. Tickets are free, but must be reserved by calling 717-361-4757 or emailing email@example.com.
Stay tuned for information on the 2019 Ware Lecture!
Past Ware Lecturers
- 2018 - Karen Armstrong, Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire and founder of the Charter for Compassion
- 2017 - Jonathan Haidt, Professor of Ethical Leadership at the NYU School of Business
- 2016 - Kim Phuc, Vietnam War survivor, UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador, and founder of the Kim Phuc Foundation International
- 2015 - Nicholas Kristof, Pulitzer Prize-Winning New York Times Columnist
- 2014 - Tawakkol Karman, 2011 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- 2013 - Leymah Gbowee, 2011 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate
- 2012 - Muhammad Yunus, Nobel Peace Prize recipient and founder of Grameen Bank
- 2011 - Shirin Ebadi, Nobel Peace Prize recipient and founder of the Association for Support of Children's Rights in Iran
- 2010 - Terry Waite, founder of Hostage UK and Y Care International, and U.K. Ambassador for the Freeplay Foundation
- 2009 - Jody Williams, Nobel Peace Prize recipient and chairman of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines
- 2008 - F. W. de Klerk, Nobel Peace Prize recipient and former president of South Africa
- 2007 - Mary Robinson, former president of Ireland and chair of Realizing Rights: The Ethical Global Initiative