ECTV Channel 40
ECTV-40 is Elizabethtown College’s student-run television station housed within the Department of Communications. ECTV serves the campus community and 25,000 homes in the Elizabethtown area. Broadcasting sports, campus and community news, special events, classic film and television programming, and entertainment, ECTV appeals to a variety of viewers. minus.
Original Weekly Programming
- Campus News - Quick, weekly coverage relevant to our campus community
- SUET - Weekly entertainment show that features students completing weird, strange or difficult tasks
In addition to our weekly shows, we participate in several remote productions throughout the semester. At some of these productions, we use our Remote Productions Bus which houses all of the same equipment found in our studio. At other remotes, we have small teams that shoot packages using smaller, mobile cameras. Our remotes for the Fall 2017 semester include:
- Woofstock - September 24, 2017
- Choctoberfest - October 15, 2017
- First Friday - November 3, 2017
- Powder Puff Football (Elizabethtown High School) - November 10, 2017
- Music Friday - November 17, 2017
- First Friday - December 1, 2017
- Elizabethtown Holiday Parade - December 9, 2017
ECTV’s studio centers on a news desk donated by WGAL, Lancaster, PA’s NBC affiliate. Equipment includes Panasonic studio and overhead cameras, Panasonic DVC Pro Decks, a Panasonic Switcher, and a ClearCOM Intercom System. The ECTV mobile teaching and production van features remote equipment including JVC video cameras and commentator equipment.
For further information, contact the Station Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Director of Broadcasting at 717-361-6414. Organizations in the area interested in underwriting opportunities are encouraged to contact the Underwriting Director at email@example.com.