Moving into your college residence hall is an exciting time. So exciting that you may forget to bring something. The Office of Community Living has put together a list of items you may want to bring along with you -- as well as provided a list of items that should not come to campus with you.
What to Bring
- Face coverings, a thermometer, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes
- Bedding - pillow, sheets, blanket (beds are standard Twin size)
- Area rug (4'x6' or 5'x7'; most rooms have tile floors)
- Towels and washcloths
- Caddy to store and carry shower items
- Personal hygiene items, band-aids, cough drops, tissues, etc.
- Bathrobe and shower shoes
- Office supplies - planner, notebooks, folders, pens, highlighters, etc.
- TV/DVD player - for more specific information on what kind of TV to bring, please see the ITS website.
- Power strip with surge protector
- Desk or reading lamp
- Storage containers
- Laundry bag/basket
- High Efficiency (HE) laundry detergent
- Ironing board and iron
- Trashcan/Waste basket
- Mini fridge (4.3 cubic feet or less)
- Microwave (up to 1000 watts or 9 amps)
- Dishes and dish soap
- Bulletin board/Door message board (white board)
- Students can use painters tape or Dorm Tape to adhere items to walls. Command strips do peel our paint.
If you bring it or purchase it during the school year it needs to be able to go home with you between semesters.
What Not to Bring
- Cooking appliances with exposed heating elements
- Toaster or toaster oven
- Fireworks or explosives
- Space heater/AC units
- Bed risers
- Halogen lamps/Lava Lamps
- Personal furniture
Furniture Provided for You
- Standard twin bed (most of our beds can be lofted)
- Desk and chair
- Wardrobe or closet
All College provided furniture must remain inside the room/ILU.
THE COLLEGE DOES NOT PROVIDE STORAGE.