Moving into your college residence hall is an exciting time. So exciting that you may forget to bring something. Housing & Residence Life has put together a list of items you may want to bring along with you -- as well as provided a list of items that should not come to campus with you.
What to Bring
- Face coverings, a thermometer, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes
- Bedding - pillow, sheets, blanket (beds are standard twin size and we have some XL twins available)
- Area rug (4'x6' or 5'x7'; most rooms have tile floors)
- Towels and washcloths
- Caddy to store and carry shower items
- Personal hygiene items, band-aids, cough drops, tissues, etc.
- Bathrobe and shower shoes
- Office supplies - planner, notebooks, folders, pens, highlighters, etc.
- TV/DVD player - for more specific information on what kind of TV to bring, please see the ITS website.
- Power strip with surge protector
- Desk or reading lamp
- Storage containers
- Laundry bag/basket
- High Efficiency (HE) laundry detergent
- Ironing board and iron
- Trashcan/Waste basket
- Mini fridge (4.3 cubic feet or less)
- We do have MicroFridges available for rent
- Microwave (up to 1000 watts or 9 amps)
- Kitchen items such as a can opener, pots/pans, dishes and dish soap
- Bulletin board/Door message board (white board)
- Students can use painters tape to adhere items to walls. Command strips do peel our paint.
If you bring it or purchase it during the school year it needs to be able to go home with you when you move out.
The College does not have storage for summer and you cannot store items in your next housing assignment.
What Not to Bring
- Personal furniture
- Cooking appliances with exposed heating elements/coils
- Fireworks or explosives
- Space heater/AC units
- Bed risers
- Halogen lamps/Lava Lamps
- hover boards, electronic bikes/scooters
- Nerf or other style guns
Furniture Provided for You
- Standard twin bed that can be adjusted for height and typically have 33” of clearance underneath when raised to the highest
- Desks: surface usually 48” x 24”
- Desk chair
- Dresser drawer: 24” wide x 21” deep or;
- 22” wide x 20” deep and height varies
- Wardrobe or closet
- Closets are 46-58" wide with one shelf
- Windows range from 73" x6 5"h to 82" x 64"h and come with either vinyl blinds or a rolling blind (most rooms have a rolling blind).
Apartments/Quads in addition to the above are provided:
- Living room couch/loveseat and/or chair
- Dining table with 4 chairs
All College provided furniture must remain in campus housing.
We will not remove college owned furniture to be stored during the year.