Founders Residence Hall
Founders consists of four towers (A,B,C,D); each dedicated to the four founders of Elizabethtown College, S.H. Hertzler, G.N. Falkenstein, I.N.H. Beahm, and J.C. Ziegler. The building houses over 300 students, making it our largest residence hall. This air-conditioned (PTAC), coed residence hall offers a unique, living environment. Each floor is shaped like a square with the student rooms concentrated in each of the corners. Each corner has its own restroom making Founders the residence hall with the lowest number of students per restroom. Each floor is the equivalent of a small community, with multiple bathrooms and lounges. A large lounge area connects tower B and C. Several themed housing communities are located in Founders Hall. The main lounge area was remodeled in 2010.
- Each room has a PTAC heating/cooling unit that allows students to control the temperature. These are much like the units you see in hotel rooms.
- Men and women are housed together on the same floor.
- Each floor is shaped like a square with student rooms concentrated in each of the corners. Each corner has its own restroom.
- Lowest number of students per restroom in the residence halls
- Carpeted rooms
- Each floor has its own small lounge
- Community kitchen located in the lobby
- Building accessed through ID card swipe
- Printer station in main lobby (print remotely here)