Elizabethtown College welcomes transfer students from at all academic career levels into a variety of major programs. An early inquiry about the transfer process can help you to maximize your educational experience. Our Admissions Office is dedicated to Transfer Students and we encourage you to speak with our Transfer Student Admissions Coordinator, Gretchen Camp | firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's Get Started
Students approved through Admissions with an earned associate’s degree, consisting of at least 40 corresponding general education credits from a regionally accredited college or university, will be recognized as meeting all of the requirements of the Elizabethtown College Core Curriculum with full junior standing . The foregoing provision does not supersede curricular prerequisites or departmental program requirements established in the College catalog. Nor does it exclude the student from completing the signature learning requirement, or residency requirements, for completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Students transition seamlessly from earning their associates degree into a bachelors degree program at Elizabethtown College.
- Dual Admissions Program between Harrisburg Area Community College
- Dual Admissions Program between Reading Area Community College
Official Documents Policy
Please refer to our Official Documents Policy on what is considered an "official" verses "unofficial" document.
Transfer Credit Policies
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DSST - Dantes Transfer Credit
- High School DUAL Enrollment Transfer of Credit
- International Baccalaureate (IB) and International Advanced Secondary Programs
- Transfer Credit through Off-Campus Study Approval Policies
- English Proficiency Examination Scores
Academic Calendars and Important Dates
Common Core and Real-World Learning
- The Structure of the Core Program
- Elizabethtown College is committed to engaging its students in real-world learning opportunities that complement classroom learning and provide pathways to productive careers and lives beyond college. All Elizabethtown College students will complete at least two Signature Learning Experiences (SLEs) as part of their graduation requirements.
- For more detailed information about our Core Program and Signature Learning Experiences, visit the Online Catalog.
Modern Language Placement and Incentive Program
- Students are required to take one Modern or Ancient Language Course for Core.
- Please visit the Modern Languages Department web page for more information on language placement and the incentive program.
Academic Departmental and Interdisciplinary Programs
- All departmental and Interdisciplinary programs are outlined in our online Catalog.
Transfer Residency Requirements
- To meet graduation requirements, the student must earn a minimum of 16 credits in the major (at least eight of which are at the upper level -normally 300 and 400 level)and at least 30 of the last 60 credits must be completed on-campus.
Summer Course Registration Opportunities
- Elizabethtown offers two summer session registration opportunities. Scheduling information and registration time lines are outlined on our Summer Sessions webpage.
Please send your questions about applying and transfer credit evaluations to the Office of Admissions ( email@example.com) . Admissions will work directly with Registration and Records to address any questions/concerns you may have with an academic policy or transfer credit.
Please visit our web page designed to address Frequently Asked Questions.