Transfer Credits: Off-Campus Approvals
A currently enrolled student who wishes to complete a course off-campus must obtain written permission in advance of registering for the course from the Office of Registration and Records by submitting an off-campus approval form . The form will be discussed with the department governing the course discipline to ensure the off-campus student plan meets written academic policy and to identify exactly how the course will transfer back to Elizabethtown College.
Consider the following when investigating off-campus study
- NOT all Online courses are transferrable
- A student must earn a minimum grade of C- for the course to transfer back to Elizabethtown College.
- Courses graded P/NP, or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, will NOT be awarded academic credit through transfer at Elizabethtown College.
- Students are welcome to take courses at a Community College provided they have less than 60 earned credits at the time of the course enrollment. An student with Junior status, 60 or more earned credits, is prohibited from taking courses at a Community College.
- Only Credits transfer (Grades do NOT transfer)
- Students CANNOT repeat a course at another college or university. Refer to the academic repeat policy for more information.
- The institution must be accredited by one of the regionally accrediting institutions
Students can transfer courses from regionally accredited institutions that are judged by the Registrar and the appropriate Department (in the case of courses for a major/minor) to be high quality, involve active delivery methods (ongoing exchange of ideas with an instructor) and are consistent with the mission and program goals of Elizabethtown College.
Prospective Transfer students should contact our Office of Admissions to learn more about how to receive a transfer student course evaluation.
Please review all Academic Policies especially the College's Transfer Credit Policy when considering off-campus study .... Catalog Policy